Almost every crafter knows about washi tape and has at least a few rolls in their craft and DIY stash. A quick search on Pinterest or Instagram will show results of millions of washi tape projects. It’s a versatile tool that can be used in so many crafty ways.
What is Washi Tape?
Washi tape originated from Japan. It’s basically a paper tape. Some may compare it to masking tape. However washi tape has many more advantages.
What is so special about Washi Tape?
- Washi Tapes comes in multiple designs and patterns
- It may be slightly transparent
- You can tear them by hand
- You may be able to write on them, depending on the pattern
- You can use them for layering effects
- Washi Tape rolls are generally narrow in size, as in they average about ½ inch to 1 inch wide
- Depending on the material you place it on, you may be able to remove them
- Washi Tapes are usually used for papercraft, gift wrapping / packaging, planners, bullet journaling casual scrapbooking, card making, and decor.
Washi tape is pretty compact in size. The problem is you can obtain a collection pretty quickly! Here are some ideas for Washi Tape Organization and Storage that you can DIY or buy.
This washi tape holder exudes a rustic elegance with this copper pipes.
This DIY Washi Wheel would make me so happy to use washi tape.
This washi tape collection is rainbow perfection. You can get the washi tape holder here.
Speaking of rainbows, this 12 X 12 container works perfectly for this collection of washi tape.
Suzy Plantamura | Studio Calico
This washi tape storage solution is stackable and can grow with your collection.
If you have a pegboard, washi tape would be really easy to organize on there.
Craft and Creativity
This washi tape holder is great because you can see through it and stack the boxes.
This is an awesome way to upcycle to store your washi tape.
Happiness is Homemade
For easy washi tape storage and organization, check out this tutorial.
Scattered Thoughts of a Crafty Mom
See this tutorial for a super easy, affordable, and color coordinating washi tape dispenser.
Hello Creative Family
This is a portable washi tape storage solution that you can DIY.
The Scrap Shoppe Blog
How about a washi tape tree?
For smaller washi tape collections, this tutorial works great!
This washi tape organizer is great on the go.
This wooden case will keep your washi tape stylishly stored.
This DIY Washi tape holder with empty paper towel tubes is such a great idea: affordable and colorful at the same time.
Lovely Miss | Craftster
This washi tape holder and dispenser would be great as a gift.
You can stack these washi tape dispensers.
Using a spool rack for washi tape: genius!
A Night Owl Blog
Another great washi tape container for on the go.
This storage case for washi tapes make an elegant gift.
Make use of that extra wall space with this washi tape solution.
Here’s a washi tape ring to hang up.
This old cassette tape holder idea is awesome!
agomalley | Studio Calico
For desktop washi tape storage, check out this washi tape caddy.
- 15 Clever Ideas for Scrapbook Paper Storage (On Every Budget!)
- 17 Creative Ideas for Marker and Pen Storage
- 7 Clear Stamp Storage Ideas To Help You Get Organized