Letter boards are a huge trend right now for home and office decor. Letter boards are usually framed, line with felt, and have rows to place plastic letters on. People tend to use quotes on letter boards that are motivational, funny, or a mix of both. For card makers and paper crafters, it’s no surprise that a die set came out for people to create faux letter boards out of paper.
Tips for using the letter board die set:
- Set aside some time to die cut your letters out multiple times, the more the merrier
- You can store your letters in little plastic baggies for future use
- Change up the color and frames to mix it up
- The die set is great because it also adds the score line
- Use a pick up stick so you can pick up and glue your letters quickly
I wanted to make the entire front of my card a letter board so I had to get creative. I first measure how tall my letters were. Then I created the score lines in two different ways. For the first way, I used my scoring board. For the second way, I use my T-ruler, a pencil to mark the lines, and a bone folder to make the score lines.
I used some nice strong adhesive so my letters would stick. I recommend a liquid glue like this because it gives you some time to adjust your letters if necessary.
See process video here:
Letter board Die Set
Pick up Stick
Die Cutting Machine